There’s a reason why acquiring porcelain veneers has become very popular within the last few years: they’re able to cover up many minor dental issues and are durable.
Our local dental clinic provides porcelain veneers in West Edmonton to those interested in improving their smiles. Please speak with one of our dentists today to find out more.
What are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers are the generalized term given to tiny, custom-designed shells applied to your teeth to correct minor dental issues. They can be fabricated from a few different materials, but porcelain is the most sought-after because it lasts longer and can ward off discoloration better than ceramic, for example. Porcelain doesn’t irritate your oral tissues, either.
When you obtain porcelain veneers from our dentist near you, they’ll work with you to select the most appropriate shade; while improving minor defects, you also want your smile to look as natural as possible.
Why Might I Need Veneers?
Our cosmetic dentist may recommend receiving dental veneers in West Edmonton for several reasons, and those reasons are listed below:
- Your teeth are severely worn down.
- Discoloration. This can arise from infection, consuming certain foods, exposure to too much fluoride, and smoking.
- Fragmented teeth.
- Oddly shaped, uneven, or crooked teeth.
- There are unnatural spaces between your teeth.
If you are dealing with any of these issues, contact our dentist in West Edmonton. They’ll be able to address any concerns or queries about how to remedy your smile.
The Dental Veneer Process
Before the process is conducted, you will be expected to attend an initial consultation with our dentist about receiving porcelain veneers in West Edmonton. Why? So your dental team can determine if this method is the most appropriate for your unique situation. If it isn’t, they can suggest an alternative course.
But, if you are deemed an ideal candidate to receive dental veneers near you, they will make moulds of your smile and send them to a lab where the coverings are produced. This process can take between 2 to 3 weeks.
You’ll have to return for another appointment to have them fitted to your smile. Once our dentist double-checks that they are to your satisfaction and don’t alter your bite pattern, you will be free to leave.
Advantages of Having Dental Veneers
1. Only a little bit of your enamel must be etched off. This preserves your teeth and makes them less vulnerable to wear.
2. The covers are made to satisfy your oral dimensions precisely.
3. They don’t need special maintenance – Simply clean your smile as you would every day!
4. Besides looking natural, dental veneers in West Edmonton also feel natural – This is why the moulds are taken.
5. They’re a quick yet reliable option to improve the appearance of your teeth.
6. They will boost your dental health – By repairing gaps and remedying crooked teeth, there are fewer areas of bacteria and other debris to gather.
7. Veneers can last up to 10 years or more!
Book a Consultation at Westside Family Dental Today!
Our dental practice offers porcelain veneers near you if you want to improve your smile with cosmetic dentistry. Our friendly, skilled staff is standing by to aid you on your dental journey. No ask is too big; we’ll help you obtain whatever you need.
Please send us an email or give us a call to set up a visit at a time that works with your busy schedule. We can’t wait to work with you!