Dental Inlays and Onlays Near You
Inlays and onlays are an alternative to fillings, they are typically recommended when a patient is suffering from mild to moderate tooth decay or has cracked and fractured teeth.
The inlay is the filling that is placed inside the affected tooth and the onlay is the sealant that is applied to the tooth’s surface. When combined, inlays and onlays make an aesthetic treatment option that preserves the teeth’s natural appearance while minimizing the damages of tooth decay.
Patients will require two separate appointments for the placement of inlays and onlays in West Edmonton, AB T5R 1W2.
During the initial appointment, the dentist will remove the old filling(s) and clean the patient’s teeth. In order to fabricate the inlay or onlay, impressions of the teeth are taken and sent to a dental laboratory. The dentist will then create a temporary restoration to protect the tooth until the next appointment. Inlays or onlays near you can be made from porcelain, gold, or composite resin material.
During the second appointment, the dentist will remove the temporary restoration and then place and cement the inlay or onlay into the patient’s tooth. Lastly, the dentist will evaluate the patient’s tooth to ensure the inlay or onlay fits properly and comfortably.
Patients who visit a dental clinic for inlays or onlays in West Edmonton, AB T5R 1W2 will enjoy many wonderful benefits. Some of these benefits include the following:
- High quality: Inlays and onlays are crafted using high-quality material.
- Durability: Inlays and onlays are extremely durable and when properly cared for they can last up to 30 years.
- Effective: Inlays and onlays effectively treat tooth decay while maintaining the tooth’s natural structure. They are able to strengthen teeth by up to 75%, unlike traditional metal fillings.
- Preventive: Inlays and onlays can prevent tooth sensitivity and tooth loss.
- Natural: Inlays and onlays near you blend with the remaining teeth for a natural and uniform appearance.